MSc in Geochemistry of Mineral Deposits
Students with interest in pursuing a MSc in geochemistry of mineral deposits are encouraged to apply. Students will join a collaborative team under the supervision of Pilar Lecumberri-Sanchez.
We are looking for students interested in (1) advancing our understanding of how mineral deposits form, (2) developing geochemical techniques to improve upon current mining success and practices, and (3) acquiring a strong skill set towards a future career in economic geology and/or geochemistry. Specific projects will be defined based on interests and career objectives, but some of the current research is outlined here.
Students must fulfill the minimum requirements for admission into the program. Students with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Strong academic background. Honors thesis is a plus.
- Highly motivated to develop skills in geochemistry and mineral deposits. Previous coursework and experience in these fields is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (TOEFL required for non-native speakers)
- Ability to work in teams
This program offers
- Access to world-class expertise and analytical facilities
- A collaborative environment where projects are developed as part of international teams from a variety of backgrounds including academia, governmental agencies and industry
- Training tailored to career interests
- Networking opportunities including conference and workshop attendance
- A friendly environment with opportunities to learn in a formal and informal setting
If you are interested in this opportunity, e-mail (1) a cover letter outlining your experience, interests and career plans, (2) a copy of your CV, (3) a transcript of records, and (4) contact information for no less than three references (at least one of them academic) to email@example.com. Applications are revised periodically but application deadlines are in January (to start in September) and in July (to start in January).